• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Administrator of Estate vs. Medical Bills

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tntfox1

What is the name of your state? Kentucky

I have been appointed the Administrator of my mother's estate. I have been told that I am responsible for paying all of her medical bills that may not have been covered by her medicare by one individual and another is telling me that I am not legally responsible for them in the state of Kentucky. Am I? I get Social Security and SSI. :confused:

Last edited:

anteater

Are you talking about being responsible as an individual or as Administrator of your mother's estate?

Unless you signed some sort of agreement to be responsible as an individual for paying the bills, then you are not liable for them.

If your mother's estate has assets, then you likely will have to use those assets to have the estate pay the bills.

S

seniorjudge

tntfox1 said:
What is the name of your state? Kentucky

I have been appointed the Administrator of my mother's estate. I have been told that I am responsible for paying all of her medical bills that may not have been covered by her medicare by one individual and another is telling me that I am not legally responsible for them in the state of Kentucky. Am I? I get Social Security and SSI. :confused:
What did the probate judge say when you asked this question?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">