• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Administrator of GA Estate - How/When to close???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Toxicity

What is the name of your state? GA

I'm an administrator of an estate (There was no will). I received the letters of administration 5 months ago, with the prerequisite posting in the newspaper for several weeks before that. I have not been contacted by any creditors to this point.

I have several questions:

1) Am I obliged to actually seek out any creditors or is it their responsibility given that notice was published?

2) At what point in time can I close the estate and distribute the assets? What do I need to do to do this?

3) There is a very small amount of money in the estate currently. However, in the near future, a home that was part of the estate is to be sold and therefore there will be some proceeds (Still small in the grand scheme of things). Am I required to file any sort of paperwork as a result of the sale?

Thank you in advance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">