• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Administrator of Trust Passed Away

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

InterestedIowan

What is the name of your state? Iowa

What is the process for replacing an Administrator without bond, so the trust fund can be accessed?

seniorjudge

You will have to give us a little more info and some more facts and details.

There is no such thing as "an administrator of a trust."

So tell us what you are talking about.

InterestedIowan

The executor of my wife's trust, her uncle, passed away. Before the uncle died, he tried to find someone to replace him, but was unable to. My wife's uncle's attorney was helping the uncle manage the trust but since the uncle has passed, the attorney no longer wants anything to do with the trust. After the uncle passed, my wife's cousin was able to make her mother, the executor of her trust.

I would like to know what the legal process is for appointing a new executor to administer the trust, which my wife can't access currently.

Dandy Don

Proper term for manager of a trust is TRUSTEE, not executor (executor is only responsible for the will).

Have you looked at the trust to see if it names a secondary or alternate trustee?

Read the trust language to see if it mentions dissolving/dissolution of the trust.

You need to be consulting a local trust attorney about this--trust may need to be dissolved and distributed to beneficiaries, or it may be possible to select another trustee or let the trust department of a bank handle it.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">