• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

adminstrator refuses to sign medical release

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

momestate

What is the name of your state? MA

Brother is administrator and the siblings are all at war over mother's estate assets. Sister was just diagnosed with the same cancer our Mother died from. Brother refuses to sign the document letting the hospitals release our mother's medical records to the sister's doctors. He said he will only sign the release if "she stops messing with him".
What can she do?

S

seniorjudge

momestate said:
What is the name of your state? MA

Brother is administrator and the siblings are all at war over mother's estate assets. Sister was just diagnosed with the same cancer our Mother died from. Brother refuses to sign the document letting the hospitals release our mother's medical records to the sister's doctors. He said he will only sign the release if "she stops messing with him".
What can she do?
Have sick sister file a motion to compel in the probate court, asking the judge to order bad bro to do this.

momestate

WOW, that was really quick! Thank you! :)

Do we just call the probate court and request a form to fill out?
How long could it take to get a motion to compel in front of a judge?
Is it treated like a hearing, or is it something the judge reviews and then sends an order to the brother?

thanks again!

S

seniorjudge

momestate said:
WOW, that was really quick! Thank you! :)

Do we just call the probate court and request a form to fill out?
How long could it take to get a motion to compel in front of a judge?
Is it treated like a hearing, or is it something the judge reviews and then sends an order to the brother?

thanks again!
The court will not help you practice law.

You have to either hire a lawyer to do it or figure it out yourself by buying a probate book.

momestate

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be ignorant or disrespectful to the law, I thought those were just general questions about the proceedure. Thanks again for your replies.

S

seniorjudge

momestate said:
I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be ignorant or disrespectful to the law, I thought those were just general questions about the proceedure. Thanks again for your replies.
You are NOT ignorant or disrespectful!

(Read some of the other posts on this forum if you want to see ignorant and disrepectful!)

Good luck....

momestate

yes, I agree with you about some of the things people have posted... and you all do such a great job of trying to keep things civil in this forum... I know it must get very difficult at times for you
please remember that there are so many of us who appreciate all the good advice, comments and information you give...
thanks again

GaAtty

GaAtty

I can't see why those medical records of your mom would help the doctor so very much, after all, your sister is still a different person from your mom, but the if the doctor really believes that, have him call the brother. I doubt that the brother will act nasty to the doctor.

momestate

you don't know my brother! He has spoken directly to the hospital my sister is being tested at and told them he will not sign the release papers.

My mother and sister have a disease called VHL that causes clusters of cancer tumors. Mom's DNA and tumor slice can tell the doctor's allot in regards to how they need to proceed with treatment for my sister.

My sister goes in front of a judge on Thursday, please keep your fingers crossed for her!
Thanks for your post.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">