• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adult foster care placement assistance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

denikar

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

My sister-in-law is mentally and somewhat physically disabled. Because of this she has been deemed unfit to live alone by her psychiatrist for concern of her own safety. We have been working with the State of Michigan and a placement service for years in efforts to place her in an Adult Foster Care home. She currently lives with her mother who is in her seventies, has health problems of her own, and wishes to move into a senior citizen apartment.

The State says that because of her condition my sister-in-law does not qualify for a specialized Adult Foster Care home; she only qualifies for a general Adult Foster Care home. Apparently she has to be suicidal to qualify for a specialized home. Unfortunately the waiting lists for general adult care homes are endless as we have been working on this for two years. Working with the State is mind-numbingly slow and chock full of red tape.

I am writing to see if anyone is aware of anything that can be done to help me move this along or have my sister-in-law qualified for a specialized Adult Foster Care home?

Thanks in advance,

TimWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">