• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cyborgX2

Texas
I m trying to complete a wire transfer from SCOTLAND but I don't have any experience in that kind of
things so I like to get some attorney to represent me an complete the transaction for me. the question is
what kind of lawyer do I have to look for.

garrula lingua

HUH ?

I wire money to relatives in England.
I just need their bank routing number and bank acct number, and the names of the involved banks & acct holder name.

What is the source of the money being wired to you ?

Can't they contact their bank in Scotland and, with your bank info, wire the money directly into your acct ?

anteater

cyborgX2 said:
Texas
I m trying to complete a wire transfer from SCOTLAND but I don't have any experience in that kind of
things so I like to get some attorney to represent me an complete the transaction for me. the question is
what kind of lawyer do I have to look for.
This isn't the "You have been named as an heir to a deceased UK citizen [that you have never heard of before] and we need your bank account number to wire you the funds" scam, is it?

pojo2

I agree what's the big deal? Now there may be questions by the Feds if there is a very large sum of money involved, Homeland Security you know.

anteater

Litigation! said:
My response:

You people weren't really expecting a response from writer "cyborgX2," were you?

IAAL
Not really, but one can always hope for an interesting story, such as this one on a tax board.

I have a client who claims her Fiance' who lives in the
United Kingdom, has recently inherited $15 million from a
relative and wants to have it transfered to U.S. in her name
to avoid taxes and complications in United Kingdom. Yes, I
am skeptical too as she has previously given him $75,000.00
in cash as a loan. According to her, she witnessed the
signing over of the inheritance to her at the lawyers office
in London.

And, in a follow-up:

Follow up on my original post: Thanks to all who answered
and valuable suggestions- based on the imput I have done
further investigation-It appears this is indeed a Nigerian
419 scam. Paperwork is all from Logos Nigeria. This poor
girl is probably out $75,000.00. I have not told her yet.
She mentioned her so called fiance comes to the US to
visit-possibly she can get secret service involved on her
next "DATE".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">