• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

aministrator problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jimiser

What is the name of your state? west virginia

My mother was married to a man, whom passed away without a will. The hospital contacted her, to state that they needed a spouse to pull the plug on him, because he had suffered a stroke and had bleeding on the brain, and there was nothing more they could do. My mother appointed her nephew to be aministrator of the estate. He moved into the house to take care of his uncle who mentally handicapped, whom resided with my moms husband. They went to a court house and filed proper papers for this. Now the nephew claims he owns everything on the estate. The nephew put money into the house to fix it up a little. He claims that if he stops being the administrator, that my mother would owe him the money back he put into the house. My mother was told by an attorney that she still owned everything on the estate. What is the real truth about this? My mothers husband was a mechanic. And has many cars on the property, and a garage, which includes many snap on tools. The nephew(administrator)is selling the cars and working in the garage and making money and pocketing it, and also removed the huge valuable tool box with the Snap-On tools, that is worth a large sum of money, to his employers shop, who is also a mechanic.
Is this O.K.? I thought this stuff belonged to the estate, and should not be removed. What kind of trouble can the administrator get into?

Last edited:

Dandy Don

Mother needs to try to find out if the nephew got legal guardianship for the man and whether or not he got power of attorney. She needs her own attorney. She is the person with the largest legal claim to most of the estate.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">