• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Attorney won't refund money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

robz

What is the name of your state?Florida My probate attorney handling my fathers estate has an assistant who is his wife,she will not let me spesk to my attorney regarding $500.00 i sent him for a (continuation of the case) Everytime i ask to speak to him she must not tell him because i never get a call back! Now they have sent me a withdrawal letter for no reason, i called an asked his wife why and she screamed at me and said we did not send in the $500.00 for continuation.I told her we did and she went through her records and saw the check!,she then told me the $500.00 was for past monies we never sent,this is not true i told her as we have no prior bills you have sent us, she then hung up on me! The only thing this attorney has done since i sent the $500.00 is sent a withdrawal letter! How can i get my money back? thanks for any help!! robz

robz

Thanks dandydon!

Florida--- Thanks for your reply dandydon--re: attorney won't refund money. You asked me if we ever singed any papers with this attorney, we have never singed any papers whatsoever with this attorney at all I also contacted the Fl. bar and they said they cannot get monies back for clients from attorneys, they can only look into any wrongdoing by the attorney? makes no sense to me, any further advice would be appreciated. Thank you, robz

Dandy Don

Get a signed contract with this attorney now or the fee dispute will only continue. Or maybe you should consider firing him and getting someone else.

Fee disputes are too difficult to resolve at the state bar association level.

robz

Thanks dandydon!!

Florida :) :) Thank you (dandydon) for all your replies, your help is really appreciated, and thanks to your knowledge i took your advice and received a full refund for the $500.00 i sent the attorney i had the problem with! Thanks again, robz

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">