• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Aunt is Administrator-We need Advice!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

angelaandfamily

:confused: What is the name of your state? kansas
OK here's the situation...it's a messy one. My Aunt was appointed as my grandmothers administrator. She was suppost to see that when my grandmothers land got sold and the money was suppost to be divided for each daughter and a cousin:( This did not happen, the farm and all the land etc etc should have been distributed as in the will, and was not. No one has received any money or anything as was stated in the Will, except for my Aunt:mad: What do we do? Rumors are flying that she has taken the money, paid off her debt, paid off her childrens bills from the decendents trust and now she is unreachable. All this is in Nebraska, and a lawyer in the home town says this is such a mess he doesn't even want to take our case. Please help in any way you can, were all lost as what to do and even worse still mouring our loss!:(What is the name of your state?

Dandy Don

First, get copies of the probate file for yourself to see exactly how this estate was handled, and then try to find another attorney who will take this matter on for you. It may be a bit hard to find one since there may be not much of a financial benefit to him but you should be able to find one somewhere. You need some idea of how much money you were cheated out of so you can explain what happened to the attorney. Aunt is in serious trouble for her mismanagement.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

angelaandfamily

Reading of the will

Thank your for the reply as to what do to next. I guess it brings up another question. I spoke to two lawyers, and had no answer as to what happens if.....
In the will, it was stated the children could receive memorabilia from my grandmothers house.My Aunt told them what they could have. With my Aunt now being the owner of the home, of which we think she has abandoned, and we dont know if its for months or years at this point, do we have a right to enter the home, to get the photos and memorabilia that we want? She has left a key with our cousin; next door neighbor-and with no instructions. We dont see why it wouldn't be ok and my cousin has no problem with this. So....is it legal??? Also my Aunt is unreachable at this point! Her lawyer cant even reach her! But we assume she has went back to her home, in another town, to be with her family for now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">