• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Beneficiary Deed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nightcheck

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AZ

If a home is owned in Joint tenancy with right of survivorship - and one spouse dies – (Title not changed)PRIOR TO THE BENEFICIARY DEED BEING EXECUTED, Under AZ law it appears the the surviving spouse can execute a Beneficiary Deed with the property still recorded as JTWROS. How would the beginning verbiage be? In the law (ARS 33-405) it has an example format as shown below:
-------------------------------------------------------
I (we) _________________________ (owner) hereby convey to ___________________________ (grantee beneficiary) effective on my (our) death the following described real property:
(Legal description)
-----------------------------------------------------------
How do I reword this to insure it is clear the property is jointly held, yet, one spouse is deceased and the other is executing it on his own?

Thank youWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">