• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Beneficiary's right to information

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Frogeggs

What is the name of your state? NY
Facts:
I am one of the seven named beneficiaries of a decedent estate.

The decedent's probated estate assets are considerably less then the total estate asset value as evidenced by third party documents immediately before the date of the decedent's death.

Question:
Assuming certain property of the decedent's estate was re-titled as jointly owned property immediately before the decedent's death, what rights do I have, as a beneficiary of the decedent's estate, to have the details of decedent's jointly titled property disclosed to me?

Secondly, please direct me to the statutes and annotations that discuss the rights of beneficiaries and the appropriate conduct of executors and their chosen legal representatives in such above described circumstances.

Thanking you in advance.

S

seniorjudge

Frogeggs said:
What is the name of your state? NY
Facts:
I am one of the seven named beneficiaries of a decedent estate.

The decedent's probated estate assets are considerably less then the total estate asset value as evidenced by third party documents immediately before the date of the decedent's death.

Question:
Assuming certain property of the decedent's estate was re-titled as jointly owned property immediately before the decedent's death, what rights do I have, as a beneficiary of the decedent's estate, to have the details of decedent's jointly titled property disclosed to me?

Secondly, please direct me to the statutes and annotations that discuss the rights of beneficiaries and the appropriate conduct of executors and their chosen legal representatives in such above described circumstances.

Thanking you in advance.
Q: Assuming certain property of the decedent's estate was re-titled as jointly owned property immediately before the decedent's death, what rights do I have, as a beneficiary of the decedent's estate, to have the details of decedent's jointly titled property disclosed to me?

A: None.

Q: Secondly, please direct me to the statutes and annotations that discuss the rights of beneficiaries and the appropriate conduct of executors and their chosen legal representatives in such above described circumstances.

A: Book store.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">