• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Black sheep needs help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pedeetribe

What is the name of your state? sc

Received a letter from a attorney stating a deposition is to be given by me on a certain date, certain state, certain time. Seems a family member, brother by blood only, has decided to sue facilities where our mother died. I know nothing and have nothing to contribute to a deposition. There has been a 4 year wait and brother has never contacted me since mothers death. As a matter of fact this is a surprise What are my legal rights just not to go? If I went it would only be to say I don't know anything. Any posts to this will be appreciated :confused:

Dandy Don

Contact the brother's attorney to let him know right now that you do not have any information, so you can get some type of idea of what they are looking for from you. If it's convenient for you to give the deposition, then you have nothing to lose by showing up and saying that you don't know anything.

Are you saying that even with the possibility that your mother may have died a wrongful death, you don't have any idea of how the facility could have contributed to her death or the circumstances surrounding it? What did she die of?

If the facility is guilty of negligence then he is right to pursue a claim for damages.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">