• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"blocked account"-guardianship issue.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gsach

What is the name of your state? KY
DH passed away few months ago accidently,very young @ age 30. Left no will. Some property was in sole name so filed for probate. Now at the time of closing this estate, I have been appointed guardian of my own minor child. According to requirements portion of funds will go to blocked account for my child. I have been told to take court's permission before making any withdrawals. On top of it required to file a statement to court every year.
I am not planning to settle down in US and might be move back to my home country soon. How will it be possible for me to take care of this account until my child turns 18 with this huge geographic distance? Any better alternative to blocked account?
My child is currently 1.5 yrs old.
Stuck in to this problem. Any soln?

seniorjudge

These are valid concerns.

If you talk to the court now, you should be able to reach some kind of method on how to do this.

You are not the first person to be in this situation.

Dandy Don

IF there is a trusted friend or family member who is business savvy who you would like to serve as alternate guardian, talk to a family law attorney about this or have the trust department of a bank handle this account for you.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">