• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

brother refuses to sign anything

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

spike808

What is the name of your state? Arizona

My brother and I are the only heirs to my father's estate and he did not leave a will. I am filing as Personal Rep and taking on all the responsibilities and putting out all the money but, he refuses to sign the waivers.
He just doesn't get it and thinks it's my fault that we can't withdraw any funds from my dad's bank account so he's playing games. How can I proceed without his signature?
Thanks in advance for any help, I really appreciate it.

Ali

lwpat

If the court appoints your as the Personal Representative you will have control over all of the assets of the estate and can proceed as allowed by law.

S

seniorjudge

spike808 said:
What is the name of your state? Arizona

My brother and I are the only heirs to my father's estate and he did not leave a will. I am filing as Personal Rep and taking on all the responsibilities and putting out all the money but, he refuses to sign the waivers.
He just doesn't get it and thinks it's my fault that we can't withdraw any funds from my dad's bank account so he's playing games. How can I proceed without his signature?
Thanks in advance for any help, I really appreciate it.

Ali
I'm sure the judge will be able to explain it to him in terms he can understand.

spike808

Thanks for the replies but there are 2 forms (Waiver of Right to Appointment As Personal Representative and Waiver of Bond) required to initiate the process that I need his signature on. Can I go there without his signature and just tell them that he refused? Doesn't that mean that I may not be appointed?

Thanks again.

Ali

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">