• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can an estate be closed incomplete.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tomcat2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY
Sorry folks, I don't think my title is correctly expressed. I am the executor of my fathers estate. It's been almost one year since I have been Executor and I am no closer to transferring one apartment to my brother. He is not speaking to me. He is to inherit a co op and needs to fill out paperwork for the co op board. but he won't do it. He is a flake and a deadbeat. It does no good to explain to him he is standing in his own way to ownership. Since he is living in this apartment now he sees no need to co-operate. :confused: The Will states he can get additional monies for mainteance up to 2 years after the date of our fathers passing. There is no other money stated for him. Naturally he wont be moved to co operate till the money is all gone. He was always a jerk. So my question is this. Can a beneficiary hold up the probate indefinitely? :confused::confused:What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">