• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I change my probate lawyer?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AloneinCA

What is the name of your state? CA
My husband passed away without a will and have property in CA, I do want to change my current attorney because she didn't give me any confident that she will be able to help me through this ugly probate. She ignored my message, she won't repond to my questions I know to go through probate with my husband family will be really tough since my current attorney doesn't even help me locate my husband estate. And my husband's family is trying to hide every thing from me. Can I change my lawyer? the paper has just been filed to court, can I change the lawyer now?

One thing, I am not sure if my husband had written the paper stated that he wanted the house to go to his kids, can I do something with it? Or I can not claim for my part? If I could but the kids co-own with me, can I sell this house to get my part? I have been asking my lawyer about this but she didn't even reply!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">