• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can you direct me to link?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

isis297

What is the name of your state? MD

1) Is there a way to find out if the intestacy laws were different in 1978 compared to now?
2) I was previously advised that if some relatives couldn't be found, their portion would stay in the estate and be disbursed amongst the people who WERE around. I am being advised otherwise now and was just wondering if someone could direct me to where I could read for myself which it is. I tried looking at the Lexus Nexus site I think it's called but couldn't follow it. I guess all the legal stipulations are running together for me now.

Thanks.

HomeGuru

isis297 said:

1) Is there a way to find out if the intestacy laws were different in 1978 compared to now?
2) I was previously advised that if some relatives couldn't be found, their portion would stay in the estate and be disbursed amongst the people who WERE around. I am being advised otherwise now and was just wondering if someone could direct me to where I could read for myself which it is. I tried looking at the Lexus Nexus site I think it's called but couldn't follow it. I guess all the legal stipulations are running together for me now.

Thanks.
**A: consult with an estate attorney.

seniorjudge

isis297 said:

Thanks.
1978?

Your time ran out decades ago....

Dandy Don

Time may not have run out if this is one of the beneficiaries that money has been held in a trust account for OR turned over to Maryland Unclaimed Property.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">