• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

cannot agree on inherited property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ricoace64

What is the name of your state? Il
My Father Died recently with no will. In the beginning my siblings and I had agreed to just have my fathers property transferred in all our names (4 of us)

Since then and now, we have learned that one squibling has sold over 5 thousand dollars worth of Farm equipment (he has a severe drug addiction)

Since we told the lawyer that we are all in agreement at that time the property never actually went into probate. quick deeds were sent out for us to sign and that would be it. We have since changed our minds about sharing land with our brother...he just cant be trusted. We offered a above market value price for his interest in the property...he refused. He also wants to partition the property...its only 7 acres and cannot be partitioned fairly because the house and the pond sit within an acre. We are tired...we told him that the only condition of keeping the property would be to keep it in the family with no partitions of the property. We would keep it as a place to visit, have family bbq,s ect.

He said no...ok, what happens now...I would rather sell it, than agree to partition and fence my fathers beautiful property to a crack head.

What happens in court when four siblings cannot agree on how to manage the property that they all own?(will own) The quick deeds have not been signed so the property still belongs to my father.

How do we hold him liable for the property he sold and didnt distribute? Small claims? he sold property that wasnt his!

I know the majority rules in these cases...but as it stands right now it seems to be two siblings against two siblings... :(

Its so sad, to have to deal with this crap...

Last edited:

BelizeBreeze

You have no choice in the matter. ANY one of you can file partition and the court will either split the land or order it sold and split the proceeds.

As for the farm equipment, why hasn't one of you genuises filed theft by conversion charges against this idiot?

ricoace64

Look here little boy...thankyou for your advice, but is it possible for you to impress us with your higher intellect without the insults?

Now, in answer to your question...WE DIDNT KNOW! which is why I am asking the friggin question on a legal advice forum...

How do I file a theft by conversion charge? ... Please.

BelizeBreeze

ricoace64 said:
Look here little boy...thankyou for your advice, but is it possible for you to impress us with your higher intellect without the insults?

Now, in answer to your question...WE DIDNT KNOW! which is why I am asking the friggin question on a legal advice forum...

How do I file a theft by conversion charge? ... Please.
you expect an answer after that crap?

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">