• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Caregiver needs help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

georgiesgirl

:confused: What is the name of your state? Florida..... Is a daughter allowed to claim a caregiver fee from her father's estate at the time of his death and at what rate? He lives with the daughter.

BlondiePB

Edit: For those that read this post, I have deleted all my replies. Due to the fact that there is/are people who are using the entire forum as a playground and making fake posts, it is unfortunate that some of the real situations will most likely not receive assistance.

When it came to assisting georgiesgirl, she never came back to answer what area in the county would be better for her to travel to (specific streets she would have known), which was very peculiar due to the fact that she did immediately come back and respond to other things asked.

Last edited:

georgiesgirl

Thank you. The answers to your last statement is no to both. I am retired and have been taking care of him for seven years so far. The reason for my concern is that there are 3 other heirs who have spouses, and 2 of the 3 own their own businesses. and I am totally alone. My health is not good and I am sure I will need money to survive. My insurance does not pay for my many prescriptions. My portion of the inheritance is the house. I hope this doesn't make me look selfish or greedy but I am just frightened.

georgiesgirl

caregiver needs help

Yes, I do. Thank you this has been a great help to me. I appreciate all your answers and will remember the help you have given me. Thank you.

georgiesgirl

Oh, Blondie PB, I am so glad you stayed in touch. Actually dad and I are living in a condo that was purchased by the Revocable Trust which both he and I are co-trustees. He is almost deaf and can barely see anymore but he still has a grip on some things. I am his POA for everything and the executrix of his estate and have to write his checks and sometimes sign them, and I pay all his bills. His 3 grandkids who live up north and who all have spouses and who have given very little thought to him, are moderately well off (2 of the 3)own their own businesses and I am totally alone here in Florida. My son and his wife and 3 children just moved to Ky because the 2 smaller kids both have disorders that will take a great deal of therapy. It's called dyspraxia. Anything that you can help me with I will greatly appreciate. I live near West Palm Beach.The estate is not that large but it would substantially help me to pay living expenses for me. I don't want to appear selfish or anything but I do have to look out for myself since I am alone. I may not qualify for what you said Medicaid or the others because along with my SS I get a small widows pension from my late husband.Thank you for your help and please keep in touch......

georgiesgirl

The trust is in his name. I pay all utilities, they are in my name. He pays monthly maintenance and taxes. I live just south.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">