• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Certifcation of Appointment for ugma account

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mark007

What is the name of your state? AZ

Grandma has ugma account for grandson, she dies, no successor custodian, mother would like to be named as new custodian for ugma investment account.

Can anyone tell me how to get a certification of appointment from the court. I called court clerk she said something about conservatory which I dont think applies here. Grandma died in Arizona.

Thanks

Dandy Don

Call any bank that handles UGMA accounts and their customer service department should be able to answer that question for you.

tranquility

You get an attorney. You will need to petition the court to be named the new trustee/conservator and they approve it. (Conservator of the estate is a term sometime used for control of a minor's money.) Approval is often proforma in a situation like this, but because of the issues, the new appointee would probably need to make regular reports to the court once appointed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">