• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Challenge KY inheritence law?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LdiJ

Once upon a time (about 30 years ago) a man and woman were getting divorced. The divorce was in the final stages and the man instructed his insurance company to change the beneficiary on his life insurance policy. The insurance agent drew up all of the paperwork for the change but before the man got to the office to sign it, he was killed in a car accident.

The insurance company made the decision to take the matter to court themselves to have a judge determine who got the life insurance (it was a large policy). The court ruled that the new beneficiary got the money, rather than the almost ex-wife.

My dad was the agent involved, so I have some pretty direct knowledge. I do not know how often something like that has happened...but I know it happened once.

jromane202

It seems you keep missing this:
If you read the whole thread (which you obviously didn't), I already replied to you. I was polite the first time, this time I won't be. I didn't miss it. I mentioned it right up front that I was aware of the law; however, I was asking what my chances were IF I CHALLENGED IT.

justalayman

Once upon a time (about 30 years ago) a man and woman were getting divorced. The divorce was in the final stages and the man instructed his insurance company to change the beneficiary on his life insurance policy. The insurance agent drew up all of the paperwork for the change but before the man got to the office to sign it, he was killed in a car accident.

The insurance company made the decision to take the matter to court themselves to have a judge determine who got the life insurance (it was a large policy). The court ruled that the new beneficiary got the money, rather than the almost ex-wife.

My dad was the agent involved, so I have some pretty direct knowledge. I do not know how often something like that has happened...but I know it happened once.
And that is why I asked what actions the advised had taken to change the account or beneficiary. So far the reply has been nothing. The change of beneficiaries is not going to happen based on the statements alone.

Silverplum

If you read the whole thread (which you obviously didn't), I already replied to you. I was polite the first time, this time I won't be. I didn't miss it. I mentioned it right up front that I was aware of the law; however, I was asking what my chances were IF I CHALLENGED IT.
It was my first post on your thread. Reading IS fundamental. :cool:

You've been told. Repeatedly.

Just Blue

It was my first post on your thread. Reading IS fundamental. :cool:

You've been told. Repeatedly.
As OP was told, repeatedly, what OP did not want to hear...NO ONE READ HIS POSTS!! Geesh! :rolleyes:

Goodness Volunteer Folks. Can't you just say what OP wants?? :p

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">