• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Changing executor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Denise1955

What is the name of your state? West Virginia

When my brother died suddenly without a will it left me and my twin brother as heirs. Agreeing that it would be better that executorship be handled by one person and the fact that he was beneficary on the insurance and bank accounts he already had access to money that may be needed by the house. I signed over the rights to him to be executor under these pretenses and the fact we had agreed to fix the house up and sell it. On one of the visits he made to the house to clean it out he brought in house flippers and decided to sell it as is to these people without even letting me know. The problem is this is not what we agreed to and I feel as though he has settled for a price that is extemely low. We had discussed this issue and planned to fix it up for a better price. I feel as though he is not making smart or benefical decisions regarding this property and wish to remove him as sole executor. I have however legally signed this to him how do I stop this and change it to joint executor so that the decisions are made by both us in an informed manor. There are also grandchildren of the deceased, and a great grandchild that where promised a percentage by him for helping to clean out the house and do repairs. Selling the home at the price he is selling at would only give them an observely small amount. There also is a brother who is in a nursing home who also signed rights to him but he is mentally deficient and unable to make informed decisions on his own. The settlement is to be the end of February so please help ASAP. Is there anything that I can do to stop this. and change my executor

seniorjudge

You can change executors one of two ways:

1. He agrees

OR

B. The court changes the executor after you prove that he is unfit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">