• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

claim against estate disallowed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

icicle

What is the name of your state? Alaska.
Personal Rep of Estate arbitrarily disallowed my claim. I filed petition for allowance to address court but attorney disallowed again. What forms do I need to protest? and what do I need to further my claim along despite it being disallowed by the attorney twice? Running out of time. Small Claims say I can't sue the Personal Rep, but because I'm not a financial institution he is just saying "no" because apparently he can. I need a judge to hear my case but don't know how to get there. The Probate office cannot even tell me what forms I need or where to find them. Please help if you can. Thanks.

I

icicle

Claim Against Estate Disallowed

Dandy Don]You have not even mentioned what your claim is for and how much you are asking for.[/QUOTE]

My claim is for removal of his C-Band Satellite dish from my yard which cost me $400 and was done by a local construction company. He was my neighbor and ex-son-in-law....when he ordered the dish, they could not find a signal in his yard, but they found one in mine. Since he was "family" I reluctantly agreed to let it be put up (20' pole with 12' diameter dish) in my back yard, as unsightly as it would be. A year ago he was able to get cable and told me he would get rid of the dish for me, then he suddenly passed away. His friend and Personal Representative gave me the receiver so I could advertise for someone to take the whole thing for free (no one wanted the dish without the receiver). Not one person was interested since it is now out of date and people can get the small dish with better reception. The disallowance statement said that "there was an accord and satisfaction between the petitioner and the estate". I imagine they mean that when they gave me the receiver, they had satisfied me which is ridiculous because the antenna wire is still connected to his house and the dish still stood in my yard until not too long ago. It is in fact, an untruth. At no time did I imply verbally or written, that getting the receiver would get rid of the dish. When my original claim (filed on a form entitled "Claim Against Estate") was disallowed I was told I would need to file a Petition for Allowance of the disallowed claim which I did, and was again disallowed. Now Probate is telling me that even though they accepted it, filed and recorded it, that it has an incorrect heading on it: "Petition by Claimant for Allowance of Claim", but they can't tell me what the correct one is. I checked in the Law Library and find nothing other than these two forms that would even be close. They said they would schedule a hearing but I would have to research to find the correct form. I am at a loss and exhausted. Thanking you in advance for anything you might find helpful.
Sue

Last edited:
I

icicle

Disallowed Claim

Hello HomeGuru,
I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean by "there it is".
Sue

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">