• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Clerk of court/probate delay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sinistersister

What is the name of your state? VA

My mom died 4 months ago. No one has signed up to probate this intestate estate. So I went by the clerk's office to sign up for administrator 2 weeks ago. I was told the clerk was busy and would have to call me to make an appointment for me to sign up. So far, she's still busy and has not even made an appointment with me. Is this strange? Or is this normal?

Dandy Don

It is somewhat strange and not normal at all, and it's very odd that the clerk doesn't have a second party in the office to handle things when she's not there.

Get an explanation of why clerk is so busy and why an appointment can't be made and ask specifically why can't you do this with someone else besides her and get her to pinpoint a specific date when duties will be resumed.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">