• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Closing out probate in pennsylvania

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bech6127

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PENNSYLVANIA

I have filed everything concerning the probate of a will, paid the Pennsylvania Inheritance Tax and received my acceptance letter from the state.

The heirs are in agreement and we have all signed a family settlement agreement. I have also filed a PA O.C Rule 6.12 Status Report stating that the estate is complete. My question is does the family settlement agreement and the complete status report CLOSE OUT PROBATE and will I receive an "OFFICIAL" document from the county that probate is closed?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PENNSYLVANIA

I have filed everything concerning the probate of a will, paid the Pennsylvania Inheritance Tax and received my acceptance letter from the state.

The heirs are in agreement and we have all signed a family settlement agreement. I have also filed a PA O.C Rule 6.12 Status Report stating that the estate is complete. My question is does the family settlement agreement and the complete status report CLOSE OUT PROBATE and will I receive an "OFFICIAL" document from the county that probate is closed?
If you have distributed everything without doing the deceased's final tax return and the estate tax return you may end up in a bind. If you distribute all of the money and assets and you then needs money to cover taxes for either of those returns, you may end up seeing that money come out of your own pocket.

bech6127

If you have distributed everything without doing the deceased's final tax return and the estate tax return you may end up in a bind. If you distribute all of the money and assets and you then needs money to cover taxes for either of those returns, you may end up seeing that money come out of your own pocket.
Taxes have all been paid and filed. Including federal and state and inheritance. Just want to know what EXACTLY closes out an estate with probate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">