• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Compensation for representatives?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pburchett

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Kentucky

Can I, as the administrator of my parents estate, be awarded compensation for the additional services my wife and I have performed such as mowing, trimming trees, repairing roofs, cleaning, acting as sales agent for property and autos, packing personal items for auction, plus mileage to and from to the estate to perform such services or opening property to have others install heat and do other service work?

Kentucky Revised Statutes
395.150 Compensation of representatives.
(1) The compensation of an executor, administrator or curator, for services as such,
shall not exceed five percent (5%) of the value of the personal estate of the
decedent, plus five percent (5%) of the income collected by the executor,
administrator or curator for the estate.

(2) Upon proof submitted showing that an executor, administrator or curator has
performed additional services in the administration of the decedent's estate, the courtmay allow to the executor, administrator or curator such additional compensation aswould be fair and reasonable for the additional services rendered, if the additionalservices were:
(a) Unusual or extraordinary and not normally incident to the administration of a
decedent's estate;
or

(b) Performed in connection with real estate or with estate and inheritance taxes
claimed against property that is not a part of the decedent's estate but is
included in the decedent's estate for the purpose of asserting such taxes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">