• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

concerns of Breach of Trust

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

2heavenly

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

While reviewing my Investments Statements for my Trust I came upon some questionable accounting entries that raised some red flags.

Some entries that are a concern is State Income refund was not return to me, checks payable to me but not received nor any off setting entry and numerous Mutual Funds conversions only to have them reversed appox. 9-10 months later resulting in an overall lost of book value of 120k. I had a Accountant review them to come to the conclusion that in her opinion it seemed to point to that some creative accounting would be a suspect. I know from pass dealings with Bank Trustee's it can cost you more if you do not do your homework.

I would like to know if these concerns would be a breach of trust on the part of my Trustee and what should I do to keep cost down but still have the Trustee be held responsible if indeed these transaction were done maliciouslyWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Dandy Don

Who originally created this trust and how did the bank get to become trustee of it?

Are you a just a beneficiary of the trust or is it your trust?

Send a certified written letter asking the trustee about the state income refund just to see what actually happened and what the response will be. Are you sure it was not direct deposited into your personal account or into the trust's account?

The overall lost book value is not something that the trustee can be held responsible for--he did not cause the downturn in the stock market.

You need to talk to a trust attorney to find out if you have the right to request an audit that the trust would pay for.

Additionally you need to find out if you have the right to request income tax statements for the trust and at least a look at a current bank statement to see what the balance is.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">