• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contesting poa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Anthony1159

What is the name oWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)calfornia?
I know i should have gotten some legal advice long ago before this got so out of hand , i just hope its not to late for me to do anything about this whole mess .

I have lived with my parents for some 15+years . I lost my job in July ,2007 it was at this time i began to take notice of my mothers off behavior soon after as her "eposides" became more and more frequent it was clear to me things were not right .
i have 2 younger sisters who are married with families of there own , who at the time took very little instrest in what was going on around here . Mom has always not been the healthiest , shes suffered 2 bouts with cancer , has type 2 diabeties , and cirrrous of the liver , Around april of 2008 - her loss of memory reached a high point - she called he hystrical from her doctors appt -she d been walking around for over an hour and 1/2 in the parking lots and couldn't find her car ... Anyway after that insent - she would no longer drive and i became her full time driver - she entered the hosptail for memory loss shortly afterwards .
on june 9th 0f 2008 , while she was still in the hosptial and the extent of her health problems became clear to everyone , my dad suffered a heartattack and suddenly passed away - at which point all assets passed to my mother as his sole benifiary . this included the house , 130,000 in cash both his and her cars .

Shortly afterwards in mid july - I took mom to "we the people " to have a new will drawn - mom and i had fully talked everything over - while she was still able too . the will i was to have drawn would divide all assets with 34 % to me and 33% to each of my sisters , the 3 of us retained P.o.a. with myself as exextor - since i was the one living there and taking care of her .both mom and i were worried that should anything happen to her my sisters would force me out to sell the house , so I asked for a year 's time before the sale of the house . Now before the will was signed and finialized Mom went into the hosptial for several days ... when my sisters discovered we had been do a will - they went crazy - I really didn't think i had done anything wrong , however looking back i guess i should have included them in any case upon her release from the hopostial mom went to recover at my sisters roseanns - during which time they took her to we the people and had the will changed , making my sister lisa the ex , not me and giving her p.o.a over Moms money . all with out my knowledage - in addition the removed the stipicl about the house as well as took all copies of the will and have not allowed me a copy yet to this day so i have only there word of what it says .
shortly afterwards Mom was dig with alzheimers .
Lisa invoked her powewre of attn sized all of the bank accounts which at the time incl 130,000 plus 120,000 of my motherws own momey , for which i was the sole benifary and had been for some time , opened new accounts were all 3 of us are equal benifiaerys and shut down all of moms other accounts (ira's ) if they names me alone and mover the funds to accouts were the 3 of us were .
Mean time I'm charged with being Moms sole full-time live-in caretaker , I aim responciable for keeping her medical appts , doing all her driving , giving her her medications , montering her sugar , cooking all her meals, cleaqing up after her , dressing her , doing the laundry , the food shopping ,the yard work as well as keeping the house clean - all the understanding that she can not be left alone or unattended ... plus to further complicate things - I had no means of income and all moms money was tied up - Our only access was her Visa card - which required her signture on everything ... It didn't take long to relize this was an impossible task and as her condition worse her willingness to go food shopping and do any such things grow less and less .
plus there was my personal expences and needs since i no longer had the abilty to return to work .
I was forced to open a joint cr card under mom and mine name , and had it tied to moms checking account it had a strick limit of only 1,500 with only 500 in cash , 1,000 in purchases and used 1,000 per month from oct nov & dec of 2008 . thats only 250.00 a week - a salary which is less then 6.25 an hour except this is no 9-5 job its 7 days a WEEK 24hours a day .
My sisters accused me of stealing moms money , fraud & forgery and all kinds of other unwanted things , had the account closed and maked as fraudelent.
around this same time moms doctor report her with self negelect - which soon involed a social worker and claimed i was using moms money inappreatly -
what they called stealing - i called wages - and to me seemed perfectly justified as well as nessarry . In any case in jan of 2009 they agreede to mpay me 850.00 a month - 213.00 a week . and giving permission to use moms visa card -for all house hold expences ... even after i was told not to by the stae social worker - my sister told me to anyway - besides i really had no other choose ...
Anyway in the here an now My sisters are attempting to remove mom from our home , have her committed , and have orderd me to vacate the house .
So can they do this ? what are my rights what can i do ...it need help and i'm so confussed about waht to do next ?f your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">