• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Creditors to estate?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SkippyJones

What is the name of your state? GA

I have POA over my Aunt's finances. I transfered a sum of money out of her account, at her request, the day before she died. She does not have a will. After she died we discovered she owes more than her assets. Am I libel for the amount of money I withdrew from her account? Can her creditors even find out that I withdrew the money?

BlondiePB

SkippyJones said:
What is the name of your state? GA

I have POA over my Aunt's finances. I transfered a sum of money out of her account, at her request, the day before she died. She does not have a will. After she died we discovered she owes more than her assets. Am I libel for the amount of money I withdrew from her account? Can her creditors even find out that I withdrew the money?
You no longer have POA. It expired when auntie did. Creditors can open probate. Transferring the money the day before she died is conspicuous. What has your attorney said about all this?

Dandy Don

The real question is, can you account for how you spent it? Did you use it for her personal living expenses and do you have receipts? If you still have the money unspent, please return it to the account so it can go to her legal heirs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">