• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Daughter's rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hiartist

What is the name of your state?Minnesota

My father passed away 2004, I was not notified of his death until about a month ago, a family member told me my father had a car, money, so on and so forth. She was under the impression my father intended to leave me everything. When I asked my Grandmother, she ignored me, refusing to answer anything. Part of the reason no one was able to get a hold of me was I was just evicted from my apartment. The Grandmother was left in control of his estate. When I asked the courts in Meeker county and mcleod, they say they have nothing on my father. How can I found out if my father left me anything?

Last edited:

lwpat

If your Grandmother was named executor then there is a file at the probate court. Start there.

hiartist

Minnesota

I checked with the Meeker county courts as well as Mcleod county, they have nothing on my father, saying there is no will. Is there anything I can do to find out what has happened to my father's estate?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">