• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DE -111 and DE-121

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dunnome

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Hi,
I'm attempting to submit the initial probate forms, DE-111 and DE-121. I have 2 questions:

DE-111 - can my brother be a 2nd petitioner even if he's not considered as an active executor. He is the 2nd executor to replace me if i cannot carry out my duties. He will also be physically filing the forms to court as i do not reside in the same city of the estate and he does.

DE-121 - Since this form has to be submitted along with DE -111 and the hearing date is given at the time of submission, can the part that validates the mailing notification to the beneficiary be previously filled out with a future date or does it need to be resubmitted.

Sorry if it sounds confusing but it is really confusing. Thank you for any help

pamaley

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Hi,
I'm attempting to submit the initial probate forms, DE-111 and DE-121. I have 2 questions:

DE-111 - can my brother be a 2nd petitioner even if he's not considered as an active executor. He is the 2nd executor to replace me if i cannot carry out my duties. He will also be physically filing the forms to court as i do not reside in the same city of the estate and he does.

DE-121 - Since this form has to be submitted along with DE -111 and the hearing date is given at the time of submission, can the part that validates the mailing notification to the beneficiary be previously filled out with a future date or does it need to be resubmitted.

Sorry if it sounds confusing but it is really confusing. Thank you for any help

pamaley

**A: are their big assets such as real estate, artwork, diamonds, and large cash accounts involved? Are there fighting beneficiaries? How come the estate does not hire a probate attorney?

dunnome

De-121

Can anyone answer this question? For Form DE-121: does it just get resubmitted along with the newspaper's validation of the notice of estate being published...or can a future date be filled in to validate that the beneficiaries were notified by mail. Thank you for any help.

pamaley

Yes, the estate is over 150,000. There is no fighting. The will is clear and bonded. It is not a difficult situation, there are no problems. This is why we are doing the probate ourselves. With the help of this very good book called" How to Probate an Estate in California" by Julia Nessley, I am ready to submit the initial papers....i just had these questions but they are not big issues and may not be of concern. I just wanted it to be free of any possible concerns.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">