• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

death of a spouse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mahoganybrain

What is the name of your state?california

if i am the benefitiary on all properties, does evertything have to go through probate when my husband dies?

What are the typical attorney fees of probate and does there have to be an attorney

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

mahoganybrain said:
What is the name of your state?california

if i am the benefitiary on all properties, does evertything have to go through probate when my husband dies?

MY RESPONSE: Please explain this to me. The reason why I'm asking is because if he's your husband, I have to weigh and balance those items, and what you mean by "beneficiary", against California "Community Property" law. For example, are you a beneficiary of money accounts, a house, etc.? And, were these things purchased before or during marriage? In other words, I need more specificity.

What are the typical attorney fees of probate and does there have to be an attorney

MY RESPONSE: She said without a question mark . . .
Anyway, we don't do "estimates". Estimates are not legal questions.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">