• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Desparate! Big Problems and need some advice!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiritedm

What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA

:( My mother passed away on Sept.9,2005, after suffering with alheimerz for a long, agonizing period of time. My brother was appointed as Guardian/Conservator by the courts on 04/24/06, which was to be supervised by the courts periodically. My mother, and brother reside
in Mt. and I am in the Silicon Valley.
I'm struggling to just get by, and my brother knowing I wasn't in the position to do anything, sold her home, assets, and put her in a nursing home, all without my knowledge. I found out only when I tried to call her home and the # was disconnected. His defense was that he didn't need to notify me. That was the beginning of years of his unorthodox practices concerning her entire estate. I'm only now realizing to what extent.
I had been suspicious for numerous reasons, and only after she passed, I found he had
, all of the money from her assets and gone to a separate trust fund, and had them pay $54,000.00 for her bills. There would be no objection, if he'd been reasonable, and provided me with any verifiable expense/receipts/statements, as to where all of her money had been spent. I am named as co-trustee on my mother's will, so I felt I was justified in my request. After a reasonable amount of time, with no response I decided to call him, and found he'd blocked his phone from receiving my incoming calls. Needless to say I started making calls to numerous people, without receiving much useful info. Although, I was able to find through the county clerk, that he had filed nothing ,
, with the court since July of 2003.I , must have raised a few concerns because I was notified of a hearing to approve his annual accounting, with an attached summary of his accounting from 2003- Dec. 2005.
As I , began researching his documentation, I started finding many discrepencies, and assets that had not been mentioned.I could easily find approx. $60,000.00, he hasn't accounted for, and found he had paid $11,100.00 for accounting, over a
year period, and when I questioned him on the lack of detail in his accounting, and that for paying such a large amount for his accountant I'd expect to see a more extensive accounting of verifiable expenses. I asked who the accountant was, and he said it was himself. Also, he admitted there are many expenses he can't account for and that he owes some money.
This trust was a second generation trust, left by my grandmother, to be distributed between
, upon the death of her 2 children. Subseqently, my mom and her brother died on the same day within hours of each other. Only, there is a clause that gives trustee of the accounts discretion of each trust until eac child reaches the age of 50. My brother turned 50 yesterday, and I'm the youngest child, and have 9 years to go. I'm struggling now, who knows 10 years down the road where I'll even be, and the trustee's
,best interests aren't for me. I have been denied numerous times, requests, for valid debts.My brother took 60K, from the account before it was devided, so he essentially took 20K of my portion, of this inheritance.
Now, for the kicker, My brother's attorny wasn't aware that my mother had even passed away, and it's been 6 months. He thought that that were only reviewing the annual accounting, and it's supposed to be the final accounting. Now, the hearing is being postponed, to give him time to get together any paper work,.
Hasn't he had enough time? What should I be doing at this point, I'm living at poverty level, and unable to get much help from my trust, in the meantime, his having the time of his life, and has been been living beyond his means for too long************** HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!What is the name of your state?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">