• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Destroyed will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lisa131

My mother in law died last December, we all know she had a will. My father in law (not my husbands biological father) is now saying he has lost the copy of the will and he can't remember where they registered the will, he's obviously lying. There is a house and savings not to mention all her personal things like jewellery etc and he is refusing to give anything away, he has also burnt all her paperwork bank statements etc. what can we do?
I am in the UK
Many thanks
Lisa

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
My mother in law died last December, we all know she had a will. My father in law (not my husbands biological father) is now saying he has lost the copy of the will and he can't remember where they registered the will, he's obviously lying. There is a house and savings not to mention all her personal things like jewellery etc and he is refusing to give anything away, he has also burnt all her paperwork bank statements etc. what can we do?
I am in the UK
Many thanks
Lisa
Sorry, this site is for US law only.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">