• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Determination Of Homestead And Exempt Status Of Real Property And Beneficiaries

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dreeves

Received notice of hearing for Petition For Determination Of Homestead And Exempt Status Of Real Property And Determination Of Beneficiaries (Florida). Estate is to be divided 50% decedent’s family and 50% decedent’s deceased wife’s family. My relationship with this estate is decedent’s deceased wife’s family (my aunt).

The document submitted to the court on behalf of the personal representative states that the decedent’s families “50% share of the said property being exempt from any creditors” and “the other 50% share of the said property would not be exempt from creditors”. The document stated that there are no creditors that filed claims and the time for filing said claims has expired. Why is one share exempt and the other not exempt? While I don’t believe there are any outstanding creditors what happens if someone files a claim?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">