• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Difficult Sister

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tucker290

What is the name of your state? Virginia
I am the executor of my mother's estate. I have repeatedly asked an out of state sister (Karen) to come to my mother's house to get the items my mother designated as Karen's in her will. I have called Karen over a dozen times in the past two months to come and get the things. She always says, I will be there next week. The items are numerous and will require a U-haul truck or moving company to move to Karen's house. I accepted a sales contract on my mother house last week. Closing is September 9. What steps do I need to go through to legally dispose of the items my mother left Karen so that the house is empty prior to closing on the sale. All of my other siblings have removed their things from the house. Thank you!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">