• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disallowed claim against an estate - IN

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dandy Don

Ask your attorney if as a beneficiary you are entitled to an accounting statement from the estate. Wait until you get a better idea of what the estate is worth and what the assets are before you decide whether you want to negotiate on this matter.

anteater

Ask your attorney if as a beneficiary you are entitled to an accounting statement from the estate. Wait until you get a better idea of what the estate is worth and what the assets are before you decide whether you want to negotiate on this matter.
Did you even bother to read the posts? This is about a creditor claim. If she waits for all that stuff, she may be forfeiting the right to press the claim.

sue1anne

After holding a family meeting between myself, my wife, and my son, we agreed to take the $8000 settlement. We decided the emotional stress of dealing with the "vultures" of the family was not worth another $8000. We were never close and we will never be speaking to these distant family members again. We just want to end this chapter in our lives and get on with our happy lives here where we are and go back to the pleasant family we have among ourselves.

Thanks for all the advice. I truly appreciate it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">