• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a share?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ATS

What is the name of your state? California

My dad passed away quite a few years ago and did not leave a will. He and his wife have a property under joint tenant or the JTROS. Stepmom promised that she would sell the land someday and give us our share. But she is showing sign of some mental incapability and at this point refused to do anything about the property. Is there anything that we can do to ensure that we can claim part of the property should anything happen to her when she did not leave a will. She has no children but a sibling and 2 nieces.

I know according to the law of CA, the step children are like the lowest list to inherit anything. Please help. I know he wants us to have the property.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">