• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I need a probate Attorney? How much should I expect it to cost?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

intrepidz

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TEXAS

Do I need a probate Attorney? How much should I expect it to cost?

My dad passed always a few weeks ago we are in Texas. He did not have a will. He was not married and the house was paid off. There are four of us children all over 18. The house needs work, but maybe worth around 100k as is. This number could go up or down depending on if we all work together to fix it up a little before putting it up for sale.
I will have to pay for the attorney myself because my brother and sisters cannot afford to pay out hundreds of dollars. I know the State Of Texas will divide the estate up four ways, but I maybe out any money I spend right?
Dad didn’t have any real money so the house is all we are talking about. The stuff in the house can but divided up with out any problems.

What do I need to do first?
Hire a Probate Attorney?
How much will it cost me for this, have a ballpark number?

Thanks for your help
Mark

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">