• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does the second wife get it all?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GREMKAT

What is the name of your state? CA

My dad died and I don't know if there's a will. His current wife says there isn't, but I'm not sure I believe her. My dad always said he would leave me this rare car that's been in our family since I was a child, but now the current wife wants to sell it. She says I can buy it, but first I want to find out if I have a legal right to it or not. If there is no will is everything left to the current spouse to dispose of as they see fit and the blood relatives get nothing? Or if there is a will but she's the only one that knows about it, can we do anything? I need to know before she sells this car out from under me, thanks!

BelizeBreeze

Tell her that if she's right and there is NO will, then the minute she attempts to sell or take anything from the estate without probate, you'll file charges against her.

Then YOU file probate and petition the court to become the administrator of the estate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">