• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dying spouse, no insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zukee

What is the name of your state? Ohio
My 78 year old husband is very ill and not expected to live more than 6 months. He had insurance through work but it stopped at age 70. He has no insurance, a high mortage with little equity and lots and lots of debts. He does have a will with me as his only beneficiary. I will receive half of his monthly pension and maybe social security.

I dread being left with all this financial responsiblity plus funeral expenses. Is there anything I can do now.

BlondiePB

Enroll your husband in Hospice. Medical expenses are 100% covered under Medicare Part A - except room and board at nursing homes and assisted living facilities.
I dread being left with all this financial responsiblity plus funeral expenses. Is there anything I can do now.
Unless you "pass away" before your husband, you (as executor of his estate) will have to deal with the burden of settling his estate and funeral expenses.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">