• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

entitled to share proceeds of land sale?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

user163127

No, its not possible at all. This is a very cut and dried situation. Your brother accepted his inheritance. He then chose to sell the land he inherited.

You are trying to interpret a word in a different manner from its legal meaning. There is no way legally that the word "want" can be interpreted as "want to keep".
I'm seeing nuance where no one else is. I visited a lawyer this afternoon and he agrees with the gist of this thread, so there's no point in pursuing it, other than to get the $1,000 being held in escrow. Don't worry, I was only in his office for 10 minutes and decided ahead of time not to argue the matter, that if conventional wisdom says one thing I may as well agree.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">