• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Error by a Probate Judge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

maggieinga

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

The executor of my step-father's estate petitioned to probate in Georgia under the solemn form. She listed my mother first as an heir as well as the six children of my step-father, one of whom is the executor. Under solemn form she was required to send certified notice of probate proceedings to each heir. My mother was living with me on April 6, 2011, the date she filed the petition and she did not receive notification.

Going over the paperwork the current Probate Judge and I discovered a confirmation of receipt of the proceedings was in the file and it was supposedly signed by my mother but it was not notarized. However, the Probate Judge at that time allowed the proceedings to go through. He is currently an active attorney in my county.

I contend this document is a forgery, a first degree felony, and I intend to contest the will. My question is what can be done about the former Probate Judge's unlawful act of allowing the process to go through and how do I go about it.

ecmst12

Doesn't sound like YOU have standing to contest anything. Your mom can consult an attorney to see if any action is possible. Even if your mom has since passed away (not clear from your post), this is not something you would be able to do without a pro.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">