• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Estate Beneficiary Rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

willsout

What is the name of your state? WV

I’m the administrator of my fathers estate. My father did not leave a will and I was elected administrator. One of my siblings, one of the beneficiaries of the estate began removing items from my fathers residence. Despite my request that she desist she continued to remove items on a daily basis, a number of the items I know did not belong to her. I placed a lock on my father’s house to stop the pilferage. Initially my sibling knocked off the lock, but a visit from the police stopped further forced entry into the house. Now my sibling has had a lawyer send me a letter indicating she should have unsupervised access to the house in order to remove specified and unspecified items that she says belong to her from the home . I’m I required to allow her free access to the house.

A second question: My sibling removed two of my fathers un-cashed paychecks from his home following his death and cashed them for her own use. Can I force her to return the money to the estate.

BelizeBreeze

What is the name of your state? WV

I’m the administrator of my fathers estate. My father did not leave a will and I was elected administrator. One of my siblings, one of the beneficiaries of the estate began removing items from my fathers residence. Despite my request that she desist she continued to remove items on a daily basis, a number of the items I know did not belong to her. I placed a lock on my father’s house to stop the pilferage. Initially my sibling knocked off the lock, but a visit from the police stopped further forced entry into the house. Now my sibling has had a lawyer send me a letter indicating she should have unsupervised access to the house in order to remove specified and unspecified items that she says belong to her from the home . I’m I required to allow her free access to the house.
Write the attorney back and tell them that nothing will be done until the beneficiary returns items stolen from the estate and then, if that is accomplished, she may have items for which she has proof of ownership.
A second question: My sibling removed two of my fathers un-cashed paychecks from his home following his death and cashed them for her own use. Can I force her to return the money to the estate.
call the police and file charges against her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">