• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Estate Expense versus a creditor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G. C. Richert

What is the name of your state? AR

I sold merchandise to a company after the owner died. Now I am being told I have to file a claim against the estate. I talked to the probate lawyer and he said it sounds more like my claim is an expense of the estimate rather than being a creditor of the estate. That wwould put me in a better psotion to be paid.

Can you explain the difference between estate expense and creditor to the estate.

JETX

I sold merchandise to a company after the owner died. Now I am being told I have to file a claim against the estate. I talked to the probate lawyer and he said it sounds more like my claim is an expense of the estimate rather than being a creditor of the estate. That wwould put me in a better psotion to be paid.

Can you explain the difference between estate expense and creditor to the estate.
Yep. Starting when you provide a LOT more information... starting with the form of the business (proprietorship, corporation, etc.), what the 'merchandise' was and how you were involved AFTER "the owner died".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">