• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Estate issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

des6786

What is the name of your state? WA

My mother recently passed away, her living in ID with her husband and my sister and I living in WA. On several occasions, my mother had told us, with her husband present, that we were to recieve certain items when she passed. The husband will now not give us those items. We were also asked to pay the funeral costs, which we did. My sister purchased a TV that is in her name, that they were suposed to pay for. He is not making payments. I also purchased a laptop, which I put in my mother's name that he decide to keep also. We feel that if he can keep all of the items that was our mothers, then he should pay the bills also. Do we have any rights or claims? I thought verbal contracts were binding, or does that not apply in this case. Could we take him to small claims court???

I am feeling a little used and abused right now, so any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">