• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex-Trustee is in trouble

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ksajb

What is the name of your state? MI

When we (beneficiaries) appealed to a judge to remove my brother as Trustee, he never responded to any summons by the court and hasn't provided an accounting as requested by the judge. Next month he'll be sentenced for contempt.

Does anyone have a clue as to what this could mean for him? What type of sentence is he looking at? My presence (as Successor Trustee) is not required but is recommended in order to answer any questions from the judge. I doubt that my brother will even show up for that. Can anyone shed any light, please?

Dandy Don

Has he skipped town and has a warrant been issued for his arrest, or does he live in the same general area and just neglecting to show up for court?

ksajb

He lives in WA. None of the beneficiaries live in MI and we're all very spread out. I have not seen or heard about a warrant. I do know that he was served a summons by a sheriff at his work. He has completely ignored all correspondence by the lawyer and judge up to this point. Heck, I think he's not even acknowledging the letter that informed him that a successor trustee has replaced him.

That's why I think he'll ignore this summons to appear in court, too.

BTW, Don, thanks as always for the quick reply.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">