• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

excessive time to establish co-executoship?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jacey

What is the name of your state?
Texas
My mother passed in April leaving my brother with the PoA and I as co-executors. I live a day's drive away and was told by the lawyer handling the will that he would file for me and I would have my aggreement to co-executor to sign and send back. This initial hearing was held June 21...it is now July 25 and I still do not have anything in my hands that says I have rights as co-executor. The original lawyer's legal dept. said because I didn't show up in person the judge didn't file for me at that time. What is a reasonable amount of time to allow this to drag on..is this normal? I e-mailed asking for date I could expect this documentation and have heard nothing back. Does this give my brother advantage that will upset any findings of self-dealing on his part while he had PoA? Any recommendations? I had another lawyer that was going to file for me down there but he dropped out since payment couldn't come out of the estate I suppose. The other lawyer was already on retainer and I was advised that he would file this and then if things got messy the other one could step in. Now I am just wondering. Neither lawyer has returned my call after almost a week. :confused:

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">