• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Executor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Flaget28

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Kentucky Hello, I am a 74 yr old woman and my friend died and made me co-executor. I do not know anything about being an executor. The other co-executor (attorney) was caught cashing checks from the estate for unwarranted reasons and the Judge replaced him with a lay person. This lay person than hired an attorney to help him. May I hire an attorney to help me, and can I expense the cost of the attorney to the will? Thank you!

kristiski

Hello?????

Why has no one answered this lady? Did it just get missed? She has questions, that would be very easy if someone would just take a minute..... It's over a week old.

Any experienced Lawyer's out there?

Dandy Don

You do not have to be executor if you don't want to. You can notify the other attorney (that the lay person hired) by mail that you are declining, and you should suggest that an executor's bond be posted to guard against theft from the estate.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">