• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Executor Actions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

methebink

What is the name of your state? Arizona but the Estate is in Ohio

I think the Executor of my fathers Estate is mishandling funds. Do I have any rights, as a beneficiary, to review all the books and records? Also, there are a total of six siblings involved and the Executor is not treating everyone fairly or equally. For example, the Executor did not require one of the siblings to finance a house which she purchased off the Estate, he said that she could wait until the Estate closes. When another sibling purchased a house, off the Estate, he forced them to get financing for the house. Plus, when asking the Executor for a break down of all his charges, two months later, he sent us a brief description and an amount without showing how much time he spent on the issue. Are they allowed to do that? I have plenty more situations, but I won't bore you with them.

One more thing, two houses that were bought off the Estate were about the same price.

Last edited:

Betty

Since you are in Arizona & your Father's estate is in Ohio, you might want to hire a lawyer in Ohio to look after your interest in the estate. (to see that you get what is rightfully yours)

BlondiePB

What is the name of your state? Arizona but the Estate is in Ohio

I think the Executor of my fathers Estate is mishandling funds. Do I have any rights, as a beneficiary, to review all the books and records? Also, there are a total of six siblings involved and the Executor is not treating everyone fairly or equally. For example, the Executor did not require one of the siblings to finance a house which she purchased off the Estate, he said that she could wait until the Estate closes. When another sibling purchased a house, off the Estate, he forced them to get financing for the house. Plus, when asking the Executor for a break down of all his charges, two months later, he sent us a brief description and an amount without showing how much time he spent on the issue. Are they allowed to do that? I have plenty more situations, but I won't bore you with them.

One more thing, two houses that were bought off the Estate were about the same price.
Probate are public records. Call the courthouse where Probate is taking place and for a nominal fee, have the entire file copied and sent to you. If you then require an attorney, hire one where Probate is taking place.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">